Before applying for a visa, please read this important information...

  • Visitors of any nationality holding a valid US visa (or traveling from the USA to Mexico), Shengen Visa or Canadian Visa whose purpose of travel is tourism, business or transit does not need to obtain a Mexican visa. The immigration authorities at the point of entry in Mexico (airport -border - port) will verify the validity of the US visa (or flight ticket USA-Mexico) and the passport presented, and thereafter will grant entry to Mexican territory. The US visa, Shengen Visa or Canadian Visa should be valid after the date intended for your trip to end.
  • Visitors of any nationality whose purpose of traveling to Mexico is tourism, business or transit and who is a legal permanent resident in the USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Japan or the Schengen Countries are exempted in applying for a Mexican visa, the visitor has to prove permanent residency before the immigration authorities at the point of entry in Mexico (airport -border - port).
  • Visitors holding an ABTC card issued by APEC is exempted in applying for Mexican visa.
  • According to the Mexican law, obtaining a Mexican visa only allows its holder to arrive at the international transit point to request for permission to enter Mexico at the Mexican immigration filter. The visa does not guarantee the entrance to Mexican territory; the entrance depends on the final approval granted by the Mexican immigration officer at the point of entry.


Visitors who do not require a visa to visit Mexico for a period up to 180 days:

Citizens from the following countries who wish to visit Mexico as tourists, in transit, for business, technical activities, as journalist or for studies, for a period not exceeding 180 days, and who will not receive any remuneration at all in Mexican territory, do not require a visa:

Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bulgaria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, , France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Niue, Norway, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay, Venezuela.


1. A valid passport or travel document. Mexican authorities do not require a minimum period of validity of the passport; nevertheless, the passport or travel document must be valid at the time of entry and during the stay.

2. A properly completed Multiple Migratory Form (FMM); this form will be provided to you by the airline or at the port of entry.

3. Migratory authorities at the port of entry may request documents proving the purpose of your trip, depending on the activity you will undertake in Mexico: tourism (hotel reservation, itinerary of your return or departure); business (letter in Spanish from the company indicating that you are an employee of the company and that the services you will provide in Mexico will be paid for by that company, or a letter of invitation from a public or private institution to perform non-remunerated activities in Mexico, indicating the purpose of the trip, estimated time of stay and taking responsibility for your travel and lodging costs); technicians (a copy of the contract for the transfer of technology, patents and brands, purchase of machinery and equipment, technical training of personnel, or any other related to the production process of a company established in Mexico); student (letter of invitation or acceptance from any institution pertaining to the National Educational System to take courses, conduct a research project or undertake academic training for a maximum period of 180 days.


Visitor visa without permission to conduct remunerated activities   

Foreigners who require a visa and wish to enter Mexico with the intention of performing activities in tourism, business, technical assistance, transportation, studies, or who are journalist, for a period of up to 180 days, must present the corresponding requirements to the nearest Consular Office.

1.     Visa application form printed on one page, double sided, properly completed and signed.

2.     Passport or valid travel and identity document.

3.     One photograph measuring 3.9 cm x 3.1 cm, face uncovered, no eyeglasses, frontal view, in color and with white background.

4.     Original and a photocopy of the migratory document accrediting your legal stay in Israel (only for applicants who are not Israeli citizens).

5.     Payment of fees in cash for the issuance of the visa (if applicable).

6.     Present one of the following documents, depending on the purpose of travel:

a. Ties (Property, Employment)

1. Original and a photocopy of the deed to real estate duly registered under the name of the applicant and proof of stable employment, in both cases for a minimum period of two years, or

2. Original and a photocopy of the deed to real estate duly registered under the name of the applicant and a document proving ownership or shares in business, issued by the competent authorities of each country, in both cases for a minimum period of two years, or

b. Economic Solvency

1. Original and a photocopy of documents showing that the applicant has employment or a pension with a tax-free monthly income equivalent to $7,304.00 Mexican peso (MXN), during the past three months and proof of stable employment for a minimum period of one year, or

2. Original and a photocopy of investment receipts or bank account statements showing an average monthly balance of over $21,912.00 Mexican peso (MXN),  during the past three months, or

3. In the case of foreigners who are pursuing regular studies in institutions of higher education, they must present the original proof of studies and the original proof of stable employment, pension or scholarship with a monthly income equivalent to $4,382.00 Mexican peso (MXN).


In order to apply for a visa, minors (children under 18 years old)  must be accompanied by parents (or legal guardian) and to submit original and official documentation proving relation (relationship between parents and child) or legal status as a legal guardian.

The processing time is five to ten working days

The issuing of a visa is subject to the outcome of the consular interview.

A visa does not guarantee entry into Mexico. Immigration authorities may decide to refuse the request to enter the country if the applicant is subject to criminal process or has been convicted of a serious crime as defined by national laws on criminal matters or provisions in international treaties or conventions that the Mexican State is party to, or if the applicant’s background in Mexico or abroad could compromise national or public security, in accordance with Article 43 of the Migration Law.